Preferred methods of payment

We accept personal cheques, business
cheques and International money orders
in US and Canadian funds only.
For credit cards please use PayPal.
 Please click on button above.

Click here for currency convertor

XE.com Personal Currency Assistant

Our tribute to the members of the Royal Canadian Air Force Squadrons 419 and 424 (Bomber Command)

419 Squadron was initially formed at 419 Mildenhall, Suffolk, England, in 1941 as part of 3 Group RAF Bomber Command. The squadron participated in numerous missions while flying Wellington, Halifax and Lancaster bombers. During 419's World War II period, the members of the squadron distinguished themselves despite being subjected to one of the worst casualty rates of any squadron in Bomber Command. This record of achievement is epitomized by P/O A.C. Mynarski who was posthumously awarded the Victoria Cross for his actions during an operation over Cambrai on 12/13 June 1944; only one other member of the KCAF was to receive this decoration. After the war in Europe had ended, the squadron's Lancaster were flown back to Canada where the squadron was disbanded in September 1945.

On the left is the crest of 419 Squadron, Shown in hand embroidered gold and silver wire (bullion) 8" X 11" as shown. This item is suitable for framing, priced reasonably at $69.00 Blazer badges $19.95 We will reproduce bullion items no longer available.

No. 424 Squadron was formed at Topcliffe, Yorkshire, on 15th October 1942, as a bomber squadron. Originally in No. 4 Group, it was transferred in January, 1943, to No. 6 (RCAF) Group, with which it operated until mid-April, 1943, when it became non-operational preparatory to moving to North Africa a month or so later. For just over three months (late June - early October) the squadron operated with No. 205 Group from bases in Tunisia, attacking targets in Sicily and Italy. Returning to the U.K. in late October and early November 1943, the squadron rejoined No. 6 Group and was stationed at Skipton-on-Swale, its base until the end of hostilities in Europe. Equipped originally with Wellington IIIs the unit gradually changed to Wellington Xs, some of which ("tropicalised" aircraft) it flew to North Africa. After returning to the UK it converted to Halifax IIIs with which it operated for nearly a year. Throughout its last three months of operations it flew Lancasters.

On the right is the crest of 424 Squadron, Shown in hand embroidered gold and silver wire (bullion) 8" X 11" as shown. This item is suitable for framing, priced reasonably at $69.00 Blazer badges $19.95 We will reproduce bullion items no longer available.

To visit Sheba Imports main site, please click here